11.21.2013

top 5 cruelty-free lip products



Today, I am here with yet another top 5 cruelty-free post! This one is all about my favorite lip products. I have a few high end brands and a couple drugstore brands, also one brand is a Canadian/UK only brand (as far as I know) but for us living in the US you can order from a website that I will show you later. Let's start!

Price: $24.00
Size: 0.10 oz
Available at: tartecosmetics.com - Sephora/Sephora.com - Ulta/Ulta.com
Comes in: 7 shades

Quoted from Tarte:
As a follow up to tarte's best-selling LipSurgence™ lip tints, these shimmering lip lusters give  lips a high dose of color and shine in an easy twist-up stick.

Product Performance: LipSurgence™ lip lusters combine sheer iridescent pure color with natural moisturizers that glides on smooth and soften lips. This proprietary formula effectively increases skin’s water content for a ‘plumped up’ appearance with a natural hint of shimmering tint and taste of mint. The result is naturally fuller, healthier lips without any irritation or stinging. The easy-to-use twist-up container eliminates the need for sharpeners.

Powered By: A proprietary blend of plant bio-nutrients, vitamins, and essential oils rich in emollients: these antioxidant free radical fighters (vitamin C & E, pepperming & jojoba oil) prevent premature signs of aging, while softening lips.

First up, is a brand that I mention a lot on this blog which is Tarte. The Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Sweet is a beautiful shimmering golden pink. Very creamy and moisturizing formula that lasts quite a few hours but not all day. It has a subtle mint smell which makes the lips tingle a bit (not painful) and feels cooling. I love this shade!

Price: $10.50
Size: 0.04 oz
Available at: Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) - www.houseofgosh.com
Comes in: 6 shades

Quoted from GOSH:
GOSH VELVET TOUCH LIPLINER has a fantastic color pigmentation and is 100% waterproof. It is soft and flexible to apply and providers a superb edge to the lips, preventing lipstick from running into the small lines around the lips.

INSIDER TIPS: It is so creamy it can be used on its own, as a lipstick if an extremely durable, matte color is required.

GOSH Cosmetics Velvet Touch Lipliner in Pink Peony is the very first lip liner that I ever purchased. I'm sad that I never picked any up before moving to the US but everytime I go back to Canada for a visit I make sure to pick some GOSH products up. Now that you can order online though, it's fantastic!! These liners last foreverrr!! They are matte but not super drying, quite comfortable to wear on its own. Very pigmented. No scent. I also like how the color is on the end of the pencil so you can easily tell which color you have. Highly, highly recommend this product!

Price: $13.00
Size: 0.10 oz
Available at: Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) - www.houseofgosh.com
Comes in: 10 shades

Quoted from GOSH:
a super soft lip product that has a moisturizing, softening and nurturing effect on the lips. It is available in seductive and sensual colours that leave the lips shiny, tempting, soft and super sexy. The colours are partially transparent with a hint of mother-of-pearl and with a mild taste of vanilla. 

It also contains vitamin E, which neutralizes free radicals.

Next, we have a couple of my favorite tinted lip balms! The GOSH Cosmetics Soft'N Shine Lip Balm in Scarlet & Passion Pink are absolutely beautiful and one of the best lip balms I have ever tried! Not super opaque but the moisturizing and softening effect more than make up for that. These make your lips shiny but not wet looking (which I love), also smell faintly of vanilla. Scarlet is on the top and Passion Pink is on the bottom. I have written a full review of these here.

Price: $4.50
Size: 0.18 oz
Available at: nyxcosmetics.com - Ulta/Ulta.com - Target/Target.com
Comes in: 24 shades

Quoted from NYX:
It’s double or nothing with this lip liner and lipstick in one. Our masterful Jumbo Lip Pencils infuse lips with alluring, nourishing color, and help you create a perfect pout. Line, define and color with one jumbo pencil. Plus the mineral oil formula does not dry out your lips and it goes on smoothly. We likey.

Alrighty, enough of the high end products and time for my drugstore ones! The NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils in Chestnut & Hot Red are highly pigmented, moisturizing, easy to apply and come in a huge array of colors. I love the pencil style lip products lately because they are so easy to use, you don't need a mirror. These can be used a lip liner or a lip stick. What's not to love!

Price: $12.99 (limited edition 4 pack)
Size: 1 oz
Available at: www.evolutionofsmooth.com - most drugstores
Comes in: 10 shades

Quoted from eos:
Show your lips some love with our Limited Edition Fresh Watermelon, Pomegranate Raspberry, Strawberry Sorbet, and Summer Fruit Lip Balms.

I love these lip balms!! The eos Lip Balm in Watermelon Wonderland which I got in the limited edition Alice in Wonderland set is amazing! They smell great, taste great, feel great on, look cute. I just love love LOVE these so much! Right now, they have a few different limited edition sets to choose from or you can just purchase the singles, but there is a flavor for everyone! I have written a review about these babies here.

And lastly, I have the beautiful swatches for you. I do love my pink lip colors but am also trying to branch out a bit with the red. They all have shimmer except for the lip liner and the red NYX pencil.


What are your favorite lip products?

post signature

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...