11.18.2013

Top 5 cruelty-free cream eyeshadows

Good morning to all of you lovely people! I finally have a bit more motivation to be posting again and I thought what better way to start than to continue my Top 5 list of products. These are my absolute favorite cream eyeshadows! 1 is a high end shadow but the rest are all found at your local drugstore. Let's begin!

Price: $19.00
Size: 0.10 oz
Available at: tartecosmetics.com - Sephora/Sephora.com - Ulta/Ulta.com
Comes in: 5 shades
Vegan Friendly

Quoted from Tarte: 
A waterproof cream eye shadow powered by skintuituve™ Amazonian clay to effortlessly create a soft or smoky eye. 

Product Performance: This long-lasting cream shadow glides on smooth and forms an impermeable layer that protects against sweat, tears, flaking, and creasing for hours of wear time. Treat delicate eyelids to skinvigorating™ Amazonian clay, carnauba wax, mineral pigments, and vitamins A and E as you impart gorgeous color that can be worn alone or layered under tarte eye shadow powders.

Powered By: Amazonian clay: intensifies color pigments while working to nourish lids, reduce surface oil and improve overall texture.

Natural carnauba wax: acts as a built in shadow primer to ensure smooth application by softening the skin and increasing hydration.

Let's start with the high end one first, which is the Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Amazonian Clay Cream Eyehadow in Shimmering Taupe. I got this shadow in a Tarte set I got a while ago, but ever since I bought it I can't stop using it. I would definitely describe this as the name says--a shimmering taupe. It lasts all day, does not smudge or flake, 100% waterproof. If you have the extra money to spend on a great shadow, I highly recommend this one!

Price: $5.00
Size: 0.19 oz
Available at: WalMart
Comes in: 10 shades

Quoted from HC:
Vibrant, long wearing crème eye shadow lights up and enhances eyes. Our groundbreaking hybrid formula has a soft cushion texture that allows it to be worn as eye shadow or eyeliner. This crease proof, stay put formula is blended luminous, multi-colored pearls that provides glamorous evening looks. Available in 10 gorgeous, vivid shades!

Hard Candy's All Lid Up in Feeling Rosey is a nice shimmery rosey pink neutral shade that I feel would be great on a variety of skin tones. It's very smooth to apply but a bit on the dry side which makes it last longer. The shade range is wonderful that goes from neutral shades to very bold and bright shades. Unfortunately, this little pot dried out on me very quickly which means that I had to recover it. It is an easy fix but it does take some time. If you are curious about how to fix a dried out cream shadow, search YouTube for it and you will find many different videos. I do still recommend these shadows for the price but just be quick to use them.

Price: $4.50
Size: 0.18 oz
Available at: nyxcosmetics.com - Ulta/Ulta.com - Target/Target.com
Comes in: 32 shades!

Quoted from NYX:
A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Some call her chubby. We say voluptuous.

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Bronze is a great addition to any girls cream eyeshadow collection! No pulling, no flaking, no fading, last all day, great under powder shadows or on their own. Doesn't that sound fantastic? It is! NYX knows their stuff and these are amazing pencils with precise application and amazing pigmentation. Plus, with such a huge color selection, I dare you to find a shade that you don't love!

Price: $6.99
Size: 0.10 oz
Available at: milanicosmetics.com - most drugstores
Comes in: 6 shades

Quoted from Milani:
Big and blendable 2-in-1 color rich pencil  that can be used as shadow or liner. Creamy smooth, long-lasting, water-resistant, crease-proof and paraben-free formula. The next generation of shadows that you sharpen.

Milani Shadow Eyez 12 Hr Wear Eyeshadow in Champagne Toast is one of the most amazing formulations ever! Once this pencil sets it is staying on. After I did swatches of these shadows I tried to take them off and even with vigorous rubbing dry and wet, it still didn't come off. I can still see it on my hand as though I didn't even try to take it off. These have incredible staying power and pigmentation. They are also very long lasting and water resistant. Being available at most drugstores and with the affordable price tag, you must pick one up!! You will not be disappointed, I promise you!

Price: $5.00
Size: 0.09 oz
Available at: nyxcosmetics.com - Ulta/Ulta.com - Target/Target.com
Comes in: 20 shades

Quoted from NYX:
NYX’s Cream Eye Shadows are bursting with intense shimmering pigments in assorted hues. These exceptional shadows come in a variety of shades that have a velvety texture, dries promptly after application and lasts all day. Wearable for every season and occasion.

NYX's Cream Shadow in Pinky Beige is one of the strangest cream shadows that I own. It has a doe foot applicator just like that of a lip gloss which does make for easy application. This formulation is thicker than the others but that might be because the doe foot really picks up a lot of product. I always do feel like I have applied too much for that very reason and it can be hard to fix due to its fast drying time so just make sure you wipe off some product on the bottle. Once dried, it is also not going anywhere. A huge variety of shades again which makes choosing a color very simple. There is a shade out there for everyone!

Lastly, are the swatches! As you can see, I don't stay too far from my favorite taupes and pinky shades and they must always have some shimmer for me. I'm not a matte shadow kind of girl.


What are your favorite cream eyeshadows?

PS - I also have made a YouTube video on these very products if you would be interested in seeing that.



post signature

7 comments:

  1. "Shimmering Taupe" definitely stands out the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love it so much! :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and useful list! Amazingly, I haven't tried the HC or the NYX doe-foot one. I'll have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really are good products :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely swatches! I like all of the colors you picked here. I think I'm a neutral-pink-beige-brown girl as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milani ShadowEyez!!! I freaking love them x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...