9.19.2013

Why I love Tarte Cosmetics!

I don't usually buy high end brands because there are so many good more affordable brands out there, but when I came across Tarte Cosmetics I could not have been more thrilled!  This is the only high end brand that I shop now and for good reason, all of the products that I have tried are top notch.  I cannot wait to try more of their products and maybe with my birthday just around the corner I will get some goodies! ;)


If you are new to this brand or new to cruelty-free makeup companies, this is one you can't miss.  Here is a little history on Tarte and Maureen Kelly CEO/founder.
Welcome to the tarte family! 
Before I started tarte out of my one bedroom apartment in 1999, I was a total beauty addict like you, but I quickly became frustrated when I couldn’t find pure, powerful cosmetics. Everything I found was full of unhealthy, icky stuff, and whether it was from a department store or one of the very few "healthy" makeup lines I could find, the packaging was so unglamorous that I hardly wanted to buy it let alone take it out of my purse in public! 
So I set out to create a line that would prove that glamour can be good for you by pioneering the use of high-performance naturals™. Today tarte is a leader in healthy, eco-chic beauty, offering cruelty-free cosmetics infused with skinvigorating™ ingredients like superfruit and plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils and other naturally-derived ingredients. But it’s not just about what’s in our powerful formulas; it’s what’s not in them that really sets us apart! All of our products are formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten, just to name a few. Ingredients are absolutely important to me, but so are formulas that perform. We call it tarte 12-hour power™, but you’ll just notice it lasts. Not to mention that we’ve got budgeproof, waterproof, sweatproof, SPF and formulas with truly compelling consumer panel claims. 
But believe me we don’t just stop at the formulas – our chic, runway-inspired cases and compacts are more than just pretty packaging. We care about the environment, so we continue to support cooperatives in the Rainforest and develop sustainable components that can often be re-used to help reduce environmental waste. 
From our award-winning blushes and lip tints to breakthrough Amazonian clay and maracuja complexion products, we’re committed to delivering real results for real women. I hope you enjoy your tarte purchase and remember: be green, be smart, be tarte!

Tarte is also part of PETA's cruelty-free list and is always formulated without:

  • parabens
  • mineral oil
  • phthalates
  • triclosan
  • sodium lauryl sulfate
  • gluten

This company may have some pretty expensive products under their belt but the products are formulated with such great ingredients for you skin as you found out above.  A great way to try a lot of their products at once is buy checking out their sale section, buying kits of by checking them out on QVC.  Right now they have free shipping & a free sample on all orders of $40 and up.  This is such a great time to try them out that I may have to convince the husband to get me something ;).

Here are some of the products that you can get:




Sorry about all of the stock images but I don't own anything else (I forgot to show that I also own the maracuja creaseless concealer) other than what is in the first picture above.  I hope you don't mind too much!


Have you tried Tarte?  What do you think about them?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...