9.27.2013

Nail Of The Week #7

I experimented with my manicure this week and I gotta say that I really like how it turned out.  It's colorful but very suitable for fall.  You will see what I mean!  It was very hard to photograph because of reflections and such but I hope you can still get the gist of it.  If you know of a really good way to photograph nails please let me know!

What I used:
Zoya Raven
Zoya FeiFei
Zoya Blaze
Zoya Daul
Zoya Jules
Zoya Penny
Zoya Kimmy
Zoya Tinsley
Physicians Formula Endless Color Custom Nail Trio base coat & top coat

Blaze  //  Jules  //  FeiFei  //  Tinsley

Raven  //  Daul  //  Penny  //  Kimmy


What I did:
1. used 1 coat of the base coat to protect my natural nails
2. applied 2 coats of Raven
3. added the dots by using a bobby pin

I really enjoyed doing this!  It probably took me over an hour to get this whole thing finished with drying times, so it isn't something you can just throw together but I really like the end result.  The colors remind me of fall but it still adds some color which makes it more fun.  I was very impatient and wanted to get this photographed immediately so please excuse the messiness, I didn't want to clean it up first.  This will also be my birthday manicure.  I can't believe I turn 25 in two days... Woo!


What is your manicure for this week (and weekend)?

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Did you use a dotting tool? It looks so pretty! It reminds me of a dress my grandmother used to wear when I was younger when she went out. So lovely!

    My nails of the week post can be seen at http://randomthingsandstrangewhims.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/nails-of-week-blazing-shatter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I meant *could you.... Typed too quickly...

      Delete
    2. I used just a regular bobby pin but you could use a dotting tool, yes! Just bend it open some then dip the end into polish and dot away! Also, I love your nails! The crackle polishes always look so neat and are so easy to do :D

      Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Your nails look so lovely, it looks super glossy!

    I need to get hold of some of these Zoya nail polishes :)

    Halima

    Fashionicide | Manchester Fashion & Beauty Blog |

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!

      Zoya polishes are the best I've ever tried and at $8 a bottle they really aren't too expensive to try out. Plus, they always have amazing deals going on, so watch out for those if you wanna try them! :)

      Delete
  3. OMG I love this look! I've tried just 3 Zoya polishes so far and they have such an incredible formula - I am addicted, and cruelty free is always a huge bonus xxx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...