9.12.2013

Makeup Collection Part 1 | Cheek Products

The pictures in this post took me a long time to get right from the bright light that comes into my kitchen.  I finally figured out that you can use a different exposure setting that worked wonderfully.  Anyway, let's get on to what this post is about which I'm sure you can guess what it is by the title.  This is part 1 of my makeup collection which will be my cheek products.  I am not bragging or showing off in any way.  People have asked me about what products I use and so I thought this would be a good way to do it.  Let's begin!

I have 7 products in total, 5 of which are blushes, 1 bronzer and 1 highlighter.  I switch up the blushes so that I can use all of them on a more regular basis; some have glitter, some shimmery and some matte.  These are mostly all drugstore but I do have 2 high end products to show you.

1.  Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Heather Silk is a deep pink matte shade that is super pigmented.  This blush is so pigmented that you need to only slightly dip your brush in and that'll be enough.  It is the deepest blush in my collection but because you only need such a small amount it doesn't look too over done.  I like this blush so much that I want to pick up 1 in every color.

2.  NYX Rouge Cream blush in Glow is a plummy-pink shade with a dewy, radiant finish.  This is the only cream blush in my collection but what a beauty it is!  It can be applied with a finger, a dual fiber stippling brush or a kabuki brush.  Again, this blush is super pigmented so just gently tap it in and apply.  If you have dry skin like I do, cream blushes are perfect for you and this one is a winner in my books.  I can't wait to check out the other colors!

3.  NYX Powder Blush in Mauve is a sheer, silky matte light mauve color that blends beautifully, and creates a natural glow.  This shade is perfect for the girl that likes the very natural, barely there makeup look.  I personally love that look which makes this blush perfect for me.  On my skin tone I do have to apply a few layers before it shows up so I definitely don't think this will work on all skin tones but there are many other colors to choose from.  I really do like these blushes but will check out other colors to see which one works best on my skin tone.

4.  Milani Baked Powder Blush in Corallina is a silky glittery coral color that has veins red and white mixed in.  This is the newest blush in my collection and I couldn't be happier with how it applies and gives your cheeks some sparkle.  This has very good lasting power as well.  You can use this wet to get a more bold look or dry for a more subtle one.  If you are in the market for a coral blush, I recommend this one.

5.  Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Peaceful is a buttery soft nude peach color that has a bit of sparkle.  It is a wonderful shade that I feel would work with most skin tones.  It does stay for a long long time, I don't know about 12 hours because I don't ever have makeup on that long but it lasted 8 and a half hours until I took it off.  The packaging is beautiful; it has a nice weight to it, wonderful designs on the outside as well as on the blush itself.

6.  Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Honeymoon (similar) is a soft pink highlight with swirls of purple throughout.  It claims to be a blush but I use it as a highlighter because it is so light and shimmery that I don't think it is dark enough for a blush.  It is very soft to use and gives a beautiful shimmer to your face, nothing too bold and in your face.  I'm not sure if this product is discontinued or not but it doesn't show up on the Hard Candy website or the Walmart website, if someone knows please comment below!

7.  Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzer in Park Ave Princess is my perfect bronzer!  It does not come off orangey or muddy on my face, it's just the perfect light brown shade.  It almost looks like it has a green undertone which gives a nice olive bronzing effect that I really enjoy.  This bronzer is shimmery and lightweight that won't clog your pores and you can build it up to your desired natural-looking bronze.  Most people don't like shimmery bronzers but this isn't super shimmery just gives a beautiful sunkissed glow.

There are some swatches to show you how they apply and as you can see the Hard Candy one doesn't show up much at all so I don't know how it is a blush but it is a wonderful highlight, as I mentioned.  I just now noticed from looking at the picture that the Tarte blush and the Milani blush are very similar in color so maybe the Milani one could be a drugstore dupe?  I will have to look more into it!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday!  Luke and I get to babysit our niece for a couple of hours today, I can't wait but I do hope I don't have to change a diaper.... I'm bad at diapers and poop and such.  Haha.


Which cheek products do you own?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...