8.15.2013

my skincare routine

Happy rainy Thursday, folks!  I'm usually quite happy to see the rain but today I am going to be getting a nice new dress that I wanted to wear out and go to the fair in.  It is a beautiful dress from Modcloth that will look perfect with leggings and a cardigan, I'm so excited!!  Anyway, enough rambling, let's move on to my skin care routine.

I don't use very many products compared to some people who have about 8 steps to their skin care, I only have 4.  Two I use while in the shower and two while out of the shower.  I also use one of two moisturizers depending on day or night time, which I forgot to take a picture of for this post but I will mention when I use it.  Also, I do this routine day and night.

Step 1:

Size: 25 count
Price: $5.99

I like to remove my makeup with the Yes to Tomatoes Blemish Clearing facial towelettes.  I use this before going in for a shower or just at night if it isn't my shower day (I shower every second day).  This product is great for fighting acne and blemishes because of the Salicylic Acid and Witch Hazel.  It feels cool and tingly when applied and it doesn't leave any gross residue.

  • 97% Natural
  • Made with compostable, FSC certified fabric
  • Petroleum, SLS, & Paraben Free
  • Cruelty-free

Step 2:

Price: $8.99
For: All skin types
Size: 12 fl oz

The Everyday Coconut Cleansing Face Wash is one of the products that I use while in the shower.  I probably should use it daily but I just get quite lazy.  I will rub this all over my face after I've put in my shampoo and let it soak in a bit then rinse it right out.  I love how this really cleans the skin well, leaving it feeling very clean and squeaky but not tight and uncomfortable.  I will be very soon trying the other products in this line like the toner and moisturizer.  I like it that much!  Plus, I love how it's fair trade!


Step 3:

For: Normal to Dry Skin
Size: 100ml - 3.38 fl. oz.
Price: $9.99

Next up is the Yes to Carrots Exfoliating Cleanser which I use after the face wash above.  I apply this after my conditioner as I'm letting the conditioner soak in to my scalp.  I do find that using the face wash with my dry skin can make it a bit gritty so I use this exfoliator to get rid of that.  It's not the best exfoliator in my opinion, I really want to try the Yes to Tomatoes version to go along with the towelettes, but it does the job well.  Again, on days that I don't shower I don't use this eventhough I probably should.


Step 4:

Price: $3.00
Size: .141oz/4g

Finally is the e.l.f Studio Zit Eraser.  I use this item regardless if it's my shower day or not.  I do get blemishes that pop up here and there but I've noticed they disappear quite quickly with this little pen.  It also has Witch Hazel in it which is great for getting rid of acne.  To use this you twist the bottom a few times until the product is in the brush bristles and then you rub it on any blemishes you have.  Easy and it works well!


Step 5:
Next of course would have been my moisturizer but because I was not thinking correctly I forgot to take a picture of it (go me!).  If it's in the day, I use the Glysomed Face Moisturizer because it has SPF 15 (by the way, I highly recommend this moisturizer!) and if it's in the night, I use the Giovanni Ultra-Sleek Body Lotion.  Yes that is a body lotion but it is very nourishing and light weight which makes it perfect for the face.  However, it does have a bit of a scent which Luke says smells like a doughnut (how lovely, huh?).  Other than that, I really enjoy the body lotion and would repurchase again.  The Glysomed one is my favorite, though!


What is your skin care routine?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...