7.25.2013

what is beauty?


Beauty is defined as:
1. A combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, esp. the sight.
2. A combination of qualities that pleases the intellect or moral sense.

What is beauty?  Some people say it comes from within.  Some people say it comes from appearance.  But as the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so each and every one of us has different standards and strides towards beauty.

To me a true beauty is a combination of internal and external.  Beauty doesn't necessarily mean being the most skinny, wearing the most makeup.  Beauty to me means having the right personality, attitude, humor, and how they carry themselves.

The next video is one that you might have seen already, but in my opinion it’s the fastest way to show how fragile this concept of beauty is today. Watch this powerful video of the transformation of the “girl next door” to billboard model!


Amazing, isn't it?

Now here is my question to you – Is this beauty? If so, what does it say about the original girl from next door?

What does it do to your own self-esteem, those of us that are “less” fortunate and are not able to get this treatment?
I'd love to get your comments, thoughts and stories of self-esteem and beauty!
Comment away!!

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...