7.17.2013

Pixi Best Brown mascara | Review

For months I was on the hunt for a great brown mascara because, in my opinion, black is too harsh on my light lashes.  I looked and looked, even looked at some high end brands and no one really had what I wanted.  This is where Pixi comes in and saves the day!  They have exactly what I was looking for in the Best Brown Mascara.

I picked mine up at the local (kind of) Target for $18.00.  They only come in two colors: Bold Black and Best Brown.

What it is formulated to do:
Specialized, buildable formula along with oversized brush delivers extreme volume & intense colour in one sweep. Separates, lengthens, and plumps each lash for a false lash look without clumping. Smudge-proof. Water-resistant. Ophthalmologically approved. Paraben & fragrance free & cruelty-free.

Beneficial ingredients and what they do:
Vitamin E nourishes
Panthenol strengthens lashes
Bamboo extract fortifies & helps to retain moisture.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sorbitan Olivate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract. May Contain: [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].


I have short, puny little lashes and this mascara does make them look better, longer and more volumized. It lasts very well on me but it is not waterproof so no crying or kissing in the rain is allowed in this.  The wand is one of those fibrous ones where the bristles are very close together.  I will show you a bigger picture of the brush below.


Overall, if you're looking for a brown mascara I would highly recommend this one.  The only thing I would change is to have it waterproof.  I rate it 4/5 for that reason. 

What is your favorite mascara?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...