6.26.2013

To the garbage you go | Lips

Welcome to the second installment of my series called to the garbage you go!  Today's post will be all about my lip products. If you missed my first one, you can view it here.  I've already mentioned a few of the companies below on my other post but I am going to talk about them again.

(This post was taken from my other blog and after I wrote it I threw the lip products away, thus making it impossible to take new photos.  Sorry about that!)


Let's start with Maybelline.  They are one of the worst brands for testing on animals.  They even sell in China.

"In 1991, the company adopted its current advertising slogan, "Maybe She's Born With It. Maybe It's Maybelline" tagline. The company was acquired by L'Oréal in 1996. Acquiring Maybelline gave L'Oreal access to mass markets in cosmetics. L’Oreal also owns Garnier, Lancôme, Helena Rubinstein, BioMedic, Vichy, Biotherm, Shu Uemura, Kiehl’s, Soft Sheen-Carson, Redken, Matrix, Kerastase, Giorgio Armani, Inneov, Sanoflore, CCB Paris, Dermablend, The Body Shop, Skinceuticals, Ralph Lauren, La-Roche-Posay, and Yves Saint Laurent."


I won't be too sad to throw away my Baby Lips because I didn't enjoy it too much as it was.  The only thing I liked about it was how moisturizing it was.


Covergirl is owned by Procter & Gamble which you may know from your household items.  They own a lot of stuff and CoverGirl is one of them.  They sell in China, therefore, they are garbage to me.  China = bad.

Company Overview: "For fifty years, COVERGIRL has created must-have beauty products that bring out the best in women. We understand the transformative effect makeup can have not just on the outside, but the inside as well and have always been an advocate of women rocking their unique kind of beautiful. Since 1961, COVERGIRL has made it easy, breezy, and beautiful to be yourself."

I did actually like these lipsticks quite a lot so I will be sad to be rid of these.  The Natureluxe lipstick was one of my favorites.  Bye :(


Rimmel is owned by COTY who claims to be cruelty-free but because they own brands that test on animals I am staying far away from them.

Company Overview: "Rimmel is the face of London style, a face that’s always changing because London never stands still. We’re all about setting trends, not following them. We stand for experimentation and self-expression. We want to shock, shout and shimmer with not just one look, but every look that London can hold."

I absolutely love the smell of the Rimmel lipsticks.  Unfortunately, once I found out that they weren't cruelty-free I stopped using it.  I will miss you little guy.


Revlon is a brand that is trying to cover up the fact that they do test on animals because they sell in China.  If you read the statement below they contradict themselves so much it's hilarious.  I don't like a company that tries to cover up what they are actually doing and therefore are lying to their fans.

Company overview: "Revlon does not conduct animal testing and has not done so since 1989. We comprehensively test all of our products using the most technologically advanced methods available to ensure they are both innovative and safe to use. We believe that women should have the opportunity to express themselves through makeup, so we sell our products in many markets around the world and as such, are subject to local rules and regulations. Regulatory authorities in a few countries conduct independent testing in order to satisfy their own mandatory registration requirements. Revlon complies with all regulations in the countries in which our products are sold, and supports the advancement of non-animal testing alternatives and methodologies in our industry."

Okay, you don't test unless it is required by the law of the Country you sell in?  Yet you sell in China.... you know what that means.  Thanks for being so sketchy, Revlon.  You lost my business.

I will be very sad to get rid of these products.  My favorites were the Lip Butters and the lip gloss.  Oh well, can't win 'em all.


You may be thinking that throwing all of this away is such a waste of product and money and you would be right.  However, I will not be using products that come from animal testing companies so it does me no good just sitting in my beauty collection taking up space, either.

I will be making a whole series out of this with different kinds of beauty products that I own that are not cruelty-free.  Examples would be: mascaras, eyeshadows, foundations, etc.  What do you guys think?

Thank you for taking the time to read this long post and I hope it helped at least some!  See you in the next segment!  :)

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...