6.30.2013

June Favorites | 2013


I have yet to do a monthly favorites post here so I thought why not do it today?  Might as well since it's the last day of June!  If you don't know what a monthly favorites post is, it's where I list the products I've used or loved the most throughout that month.  Simple, eh?


This perfume I bought when I was still living up in Canada.  I've had it for many, many years and have only used 1/3 of the bottle.  I love everything about this perfume: the bottle, the scent, the longevity.

Scent description from Kohl's website:
A blooming blend of tingling fruits, water lily and blue freesia. Fresh. Floral. Flowerific.
  • This vibrant and exhilarating fragrance imparts a fresh, playful lightheartedness to those who wear it., 1.7-oz.



Now this is a great lash stain for lengthening and some volume, but the best part is it's waterproof.  It is a lash stain, not a mascara.  This puppy lasts on me for around 2-3 days before it starts fading and coming off.  I've cried full force with this stuff on and nothing at all happened to it! 

This is what Hard Candy has to say about it:
Mascara that won’t quit until you do. Our innovative four day lash stain coats every lash.  Layer on mascara and at the end of the day, Lash Ink will stay put.  Go ahead and swim, sweat, shower or cry (happy tears) – lashes will look flawless no matter what the circumstance.

Zoe & Zac Naturals Lip Shimmer - $? (not found on payless.com)

I was in Payless Shoes one day browsing when I ran across the small beauty display that they have when I noticed this cute little lip shimmer.  It's a very nice shade of rose with a lot of pigmentation and hydration.  Being very silky to apply, I highly recommend this product!


While in Sephora recently, I was looking at the Tarte display because I needed a new concealer.  I was talking to the sales man about other good products that I should try and that's when he mentioned the BB cream.  Now having used it for a while, I can tell you that it is great.  It gets rid of any lines on my face and if I decide to put makeup over top (which is not necessary as this does have coverage), it stays all day.

Benefits:
+ healthy treatment
+ 12-hour primer
+ buildable coverage
+ oil-free moisturizer
+ pore minimizer
+ skin brightener
+ chemical-free sun protector

What Tarte says:
Indulge your skin with tarte's innovative BB tinted treatment primer, a powerful multi-tasker that works as a primer, moisturizer, light foundation, anti-aging treatment and sunscreen to give you a youthful-looking glow.

Product Performance: Indulge and nourish your skin with tarte’s innovative BB tinted treatment which offers multiple skincare and makeup benefits in one eco-chic tube. This powerfully pure formula not only works as a skin-soothing treatment, but as a moisturizer, sunscreen, primer and foundation that visibly improves skin’s overall appearance for a youthful-looking glow. This 12-hour longwear, anti-aging, oil-free tinted treatment primer offers light-to-medium buildable coverage that helps even skin tone and conceals discoloration, acne and other skin imperfections. The creamy, silky formula goes on smooth, hydrates skin and blends easily leaving you with a natural, flawless finish while the broad-spectrum, chemical-free SPF 30 offers ideal protection from the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays.

Powered By: tripleB complex: a proprietary blend of natural diamond powder, plants and lipoamino acids that diffuses light and minimizes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pores while improving the appearance of skin luminosity


Broad-spectrum, chemical-free SPF 30 offers ideal protection from the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays.


This concealer is my best friend, I have used almost everyday for years.  I absolutely love this and highly, highly recommend!  It stays all day, covers amazingly, waterproof, doesn't move, no creasing or flaking, what more could you want?

Tarte description:
A full coverage, waterproof concealer that won’t crease, flake, or leave you needing more.

Product Performance: Maracuja creaseless concealer offers long-lasting, full coverage in a rich, creamy texture with pure, skin-soothing, and anti-aging ingredients. This velvety concealer is also ideal for masking discoloration and imperfections such as acne/blemishes, redness, scars, hyperpigmentation, and dark circles. This nutrient-rich, blendable, liquid concealer brightens and restores skin’s natural luster, leaving you with a flawless complexion.

Powered By: Maracuja: helps to improve skin’s texture, tone and moisture content while imparting a brightening dewy, luminous finish. In addition to promoting healthy skin.


I guess I should stop saying I love these products because that's pretty obvious or they wouldn't be in my favorites, right?  Right.  No more of it.  This blush has great pigmentation (you only need a tiny bit) and lasting power.  It is silky on the face (doesn't feel sticky) and for those sensitive to smells there is none of that here.  A perfect summer blush.

Description:
More delicious than peaches and cream? We like to think so. Our velvety smooth mineral Rouge Cream Blush offers a sheer wash of radiant color. The glorious payoff is dewy, sultry and long-lasting.


On days I'm not wearing the Tarte BB cream -- which is not often -- I'm wearing this primer underneath my make up.  Initially, it is a while primer but once it is rubbed into the skin the color disappears, leaving you with a nice bright complexion.  It's kind of sticky which makes your make up stick to it well and once it's on, it's on, this sucker isn't going anywhere.  If you're looking for a great cruelty-free primer, this may be a good choice for you!

Description:
Designed to be paired with our HD Studio Foundation, this water-based makeup primer fills in pores, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and mattifies the complexion for a seamless finish. It also ensures the durability of your makeup, which will last for hours even under the harshest lighting.

Benefits:
+ good for all skin types
+ softens lines
+ light diffusing effect
+ is perfect coverage for studio photos or taking fun pics with pals

Google Reader is going away after today!  Stay up to date on posts by following me via Bloglovin'!

What are your June Favorites?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...