6.23.2013

Gosh Natural Touch Foundation | Review

Today I have a Gosh Cosmetics review for you and thought that I would do this one on a foundation that I have used for years -- Gosh Natural Touch Foundation shade 32 Pearl.

Gosh Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands, not only is it Canadian, but it is also cruelty-free (YAY!).  Every product that I have tried has been fantastic, and this foundation is no exception; the coverage, the staying power, the scent, is all amazing, but more on that soon.


I will read you the description on the back of the bottle: "GOSH Natural Touch Foundation is an amazing light foundation.  The mineral pigments unify your skin tone and give you a natural and perfect look. The texture is lightweight, soft and effective.  It is almost invisible on the skin but still gives what you expect from a foundation - a natural and flawless finish.  It diminishes facial imperfections while the organic sweet almond oil moisturizes and nourishes your skin.  Vitamin A+E reduce the formation of free radicals."

I would agree with that whole statement.  It does blur any lines and makes the skin look fantastic with its natural finish and medium coverage.  Plus, it has an appealing sweet smell of almond oil. 

Packaging:
I love the chic matte bottle that is simple, yet eye catching.  I also love how there is a pump top to disperse the right amount of product every time.

Coverage / Staying Power:
I use this product without any kind of primer and found that it stayed around 8 hours, at which time I took it off.  I would say it is a medium coverage with a flawless natural finish, it didn't cover everything but that is easily fixed with some concealer.  It also is a little on the dry side for me, but that could be from the foundation being a little on the old side.  I've had it for quite a while.



Scent:
As I mentioned above: the smell is of sweet almond oil which is soothing to the nose.  You do not smell it once it is on your face, so no worries there.

Price:
I tried looking on the GOSH website to find the exact price but nothing was listed.  I hope this product was not discontinued.  From what I remember it is a little on the pricey side at around $24.00 CAD for a 30 ml 1.0 fl.oz bottle, but worth it for the quality.  I purchased mine at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Color Range:
Again, from what I remember, there was not much of a color selection.  Mine is in the lightest shade 32 Pearl - which is a light pink tone that is very brightening - and I think there were only 2 other colors on the display.  That may not have been their whole line, I don't know as I can't find information.

What I like:
I absolutely love how this brand is cruelty-free and that is has ingredients in it that are great for your skin like the organic almond oil and vitamins A&E.  The bottle with the convenient pump top is a great feature.  The coverage, staying power, and scent are all other perks that I love about this foundation.  I love how I didn't spend all of that money on a product that didn't do what it claimed, it definitely did its job and lived up to my expectations and more.


What I dislike:
I found the price a little steep but only because this was my first higher end foundation and so, was not prepared for the price tag.  However, with the very limited color selection it makes this product not very user friendly.  I hope this product is not discontinued as this is my favorite foundation, if it isn't (woo!), I hope they bring in more colors and if it is, sad face :(.

That should about do it for this review.  Please let me know if I missed anything or if you would like more information on it.  Have a great weekend!!

Have you tried this foundation or any other product from Gosh before?  If so, which one did you use and how did you like it?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...