6.24.2013

Cruelty-free drugstore beauty brands


I was doing some research about cruelty-free drug store brands and ran across this great post by My Beauty Bunny and thought, hey I could do this to help inform even more people.

I can see why it is so hard to keep a list of cruelty-free brands because it's tough to know for sure if a brand does purchase ingredients from companies that do.  The brands listed below are cruelty-free now but things may change (I hope not!) in the future.

Drugstore make up brands are convenient and cheap thus making those brands most shopped.  In a sea of brands that test on animals it is very hard to know which brands don't test.  In this case, I have done the research and am here to help you make decisions.  This is not the complete list of cruelty-free companies, to get a full list please go to The Leaping Bunny and PETA websites.  Leaping Bunny has an iPhone app that is great for on the go.

Also, if you purchase from a cruelty-free brand that is owned by a parent company that tests it shows that parent company that we are serious about animal friendly practices and thus hopefully making them change their ways!

* Please note that companies change their practices all of the time.  If you see new information on a brand that is no longer cruelty-free please contact me.

Leaping Bunny certified
Subsidiary of a parent company that does not comply

Burt's Bees ♥ ♠ (Owned by Clorox, who is not cruelty-free)
Hard Candy ♥
Milani
Orly
Physicians Formula
NYX
Wet N Wild
Pixi
ELF
eos
LA Splash
Napoleon Perdis
Alba Botanica ♥
Giovanni Cosmetics ♥
Yes to Carrots
John Freida ♠

Happy shopping!!

Google Friend Connect is going away very soon but I would still love to have you as a reader, follow via Bloglovin!

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...