5.31.2013

100% Pure Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration Moisturizer | Review

I really REALLY wanted to love this moisturizer.  I was absolutely so excited when I finally got my package in the mail only to be disappointed a few months down the road from it.

Here's what their website says about this product.
100% Natural, 100% Vegan, Gluten free
Super light weight, fast absorbing anti-aging facial moisturizer with SPF 20 to protect your skin against the sun's harmful UVA (ultra violet aging) and UVB (ultra violet burning) rays. In addition to sun protection, concentrated with antioxidants to protect against environmental damage (free radicals) such as pollution, radiation, smoke, smog, car exhaust, etc. Truly, 100% Pure - this nourishing day time emulsion is not polluted with chemicals, fragrances, preservatives or any other toxins. 
**New Formula. Thicker and more concentrated than original formula. Will leave a white cast on your skin due to the high % of Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, the natural sunblocks that shield your skin against UVA and UVB rays. If you have dry skin, we recommend you use a facial oil first and then a small amount of the Pomegranate Antioxidant Hydration SPF 20 moisturizer on top. 
FOR ALL SKIN TYPES 
Active Ingredients: 15% Titanium Dioxide 10% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Juice)1, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Beeswax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf (White Tea)2, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf (Rosemary), Origanum Vulgar Leaf (Oregano),Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf (Thyme),Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) and Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark (Cinnamon) 
1 certified organic by SGS Organic 2 certified organic by Oregon Tilth Certified Organic 
Net Weight 60 g / 1.6 oz
It is a great product with lots of good things for your skin, unfortunately, it doesn't work well for me.  I see it says to put facial oil on first then a small amount of the moisturizer if you have dry skin, I tried this and it still didn't work for me.  It leaves me feeling more dry after I've used it, even my hands dried out.  I think this product would be great for someone with more oily skin even though it does say all skin types.

PROS: Cruelty-free, smells nice, has a pump top for easy application, has SPF, 100% natural ingredients, 100% vegetarian, made in the US.

CONS: Price ($34.00), non-moisturizing (for me).
*I purchased mine from Walgreens.com and it was $16.00.

As you can see, the pros out weight the cons which just shows this is not a bad product.  I will buy more from this brand, I just wish it worked better for my skin type. :(

Have you tried this moisturizer?  Did it work for you?

No comments

Show some love

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment and I will get back to you just as soon as I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...